Welcome to the Library Guide and Reaxys Tutorial for CHEM397/398/399. This guide will introduce you to the library and help you locate chemical information resources.
The tutorial is divided into sections. Please watch each video in the order in which they are listed.
1. Overview of Reaxys (8 mins.)
2. Searching Chemical Substances (20 mins.)
3. Structure and Reaction Searching (20 mins.)
4. Properties and Spectra (6 mins.)
5. Downloading and Citing Data (5 mins.)
Link to the Reaxys database.
After watching the Reaxys tutorials above, please complete the online quiz:
1. Download the quiz worksheet to work on your answers.
2. Transfer your answers to the online quiz. [Note that the graphics in the quiz worksheet are not available in the online quiz. The questions are still the same.]
The online quiz is available between Sept. 12 - 26. Answers are due by 11pm, Sept. 26.
Please contact acting chemistry librarian Morag Coyne if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).