Welcome to the library guide and tutorial for CHEM397/398/399. This guide will introduce you to chemical information resources and search strategies.
The tutorial is divided into sections. Please watch each video in the order in which they are listed.
1. Overview of Reaxys (8 mins.)
2. Searching Chemical Substances (20 mins.)
3. Structure and Reaction Searching (20 mins.)
4. Searching Properties and Spectra (10 mins.)
5. Downloading and Citing Data (5 mins.)
Reaxys and Web Resources
After watching the videos above, please complete the online quiz:
1. Download the quiz worksheet to work on your answers.
2. Transfer your answers to the online quiz. [Note that the graphics in the quiz worksheet are not available in the online quiz. The questions are still the same.]
The quiz is now closed.
If you have questions, please contact Michael White at firstname.lastname@example.org.