Welcome to the library guide and tutorial for CHEM397/398/399. This guide will introduce you to chemical information resources and search strategies.
The tutorial is divided into sections. Please watch each video in the order in which they are listed.
1. Introduction to Chemical Information and SciFinder (10 mins.)
2. Searching Chemical Numbers, Names, and Formulas (10 mins.)
3. Property Searching (4:53 mins.)
4. Additional Spectra Resources (5 mins.)
5. Structure Searching (11 mins)
5. Reaction Searching (5 mins.)
6. Downloading and Citing Data (4 mins.)
SciFinder and Spectra Resources