- Library of Congress's gateway to primary source materials in over 100 historical collections relating to the history and culture of the United States.
- Created by Pierre du Prey, Professor Emeritus, Queen's University, reflecting over forty years of teaching, photographing, studying, writing about, and helping to preserve our built environment. Contains image database, glossary, and chronological, thematic and theoretical paths.
- The Picture Library of the British Library holds over 150 million items including the King's Library, manuscripts, rare books, musical texts, maps, illustrations, drawings, paintings and photographs spanning almost 3000 years
- 30,000 items from the British Library Collection, including Online Exhibitions
High-definition images, enlargeable for detailed examination, of almost four and a half million early to contemporary objects
Digital rights waived to approximately 30,000 objects to provide unlimited online access to works in museum's collection in the public domain (artists dead for at least 120 years) for use by anyone, anywhere, for any purpose.
- Search principally by architect, building type, century (Prof. Jeffery Howe, Boston College)
- Art historical images of sculpture and architecture from pre-historic to post-modern (Prof. Mary Ann Sullivan, Bluffton University).
Virtual exhibits, teaching resources, and innovative projects from Canadian museum collections, with images containing detailed information on the contributing museum and copyright information.
- High resolution images from books, theater memorabilia, manuscripts, and art to re-use for any purpose provided credit is given to the Folger Shakespeare Library as the source. Direct link to database catalog
- The Frick Collection's digital image archive
- Google's collaboration with over 250 art institutions to enable the discovery and viewing of tens of thousands of artworks from more than 6,000 artists in high resolution images online
- Architecture reference site to a thousand buildings, with 3D models, photographic images, architectural drawings, commentaries, bibliographies, timelines and web links. Search by name of building, architect or place.
- The Getty Research Institute Digital Collections
- Hosted by Library and Archives Canada, Images Canada allows users to search images from participating cultural institutions from across Canada.
- Project of Dr. Stephen Murray, Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University and Dr. Andrew Tallon, Art, Vassar College, funded by Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. A 3-D database of images, texts, charts and historical maps, to explore Gothic architecture and the formation of France in the 12th and 13th centuries.
- Approximately 139,000 artefacts online (more than 122,000 held by the McCord Museum in Montreal and some 17,500 held by the partner museums), including 82,765 images online from the McCord's Notman Photographic Archives.
- Over 400,000 high-resolution digital images of public domain works in the Museum’s collection may be downloaded for non-commercial use.
- Repository of more than 43,000 open access digital images from the collections of the National Gallery of Art.
- Links to photographic libraries and archive collections worldwide related to all aspects of photography, graphics, fashion, moving images, photo and ad agencies, maps, fine art and clip art photos
- 1,146,388 objects and 416,583 images from the V&A's collections
- More than 300,000 images in cartography, fine arts, architecture and photography from over thirty renowned collections
- High-resolution archival images from the collection of the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland, along with detailed catalog descriptions
- Digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years 1100 and 1850