Teacher Candidates have access to many video-streaming collections. Some are password-protected for use by the Faculty of Education only. Others are licensed for the entire Queen's campus. All passwords for Teacher Candidates and Concurrent Education Students are an encrypted Passwords file. The password to open this file was distributed via the TC list. For help, ask at the library, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 613 533-2191.
ART in the 21st Century (Art 21)
A nonprofit dedicated to engaging audiences with contemporary visual art, inspiring creative thinking, and educating a new generation about artists working today. Click Learn >> Materials for Teaching.
Downloadable teaching guide for each episode.
Art 21 : art in the twenty-first century: N6512.7 .A78
We have seasons 1-6. Check series 5 which is also videostreamed. DVDs at N6512.7 .A78. We have seasons 1-6. Additional resources explore ways to introduce and discuss contemporary art using various media .
N2030.A6 M87 2006 DVD (Great courses series)
Lectures: 1. Palace to Museum, the story of the Louvre
2. Leonardo and the origins of the collections
3. Italian Renaissance and the Baroque painting
4. Spanish school of painting
5. Rubens and Flemish painting, Early German
6. Rembrandt, Vermeer, and Dutch painting
7. De La Tour, Le Nain, and 17th century painting
8. Claude and Poussin, French painter in Rome
9. Watteau and Chardin
10. Boucher, Fragonard, and the Rococo in France
11. Jacques-Louis David and his school
12. Delacrois and Ingres, the great dialectic.
Annenberg video: http://www.learner.org/
Discover how the principles of good teaching are implemented in the visual and performing arts.
View outstanding examples of Western art and architecture in this video series for college and high school classrooms and adult learners.