Welcome to the POLS-590/POLS-860 library course guide.
The learning outcomes of this guide are as follows:
- identify political studies resources using the library's website; and
- refine research skills by learning to develop advanced search strategies and apply them in subject-specific indexes.
Proceed through the five sections to learn more (sections are various lengths):
- Introduction: Some introductory remarks and a quick overview of this guide.
- Finding Sources. A general orientation to doing research with library tools that includes tips for finding information using the collections at Queen's Library but also useful checklists for evaluating information prior to use.
- Writing your paper.
- Citing Sources.
- Conclusion: Where to go for research help.