- Created by Pierre du Prey, Professor Emeritus, Queen's University, reflecting over forty years of teaching, photographing, studying, writing about, and helping to preserve our built environment. Contains image database, glossary, and chronological, thematic and theoretical paths.
- The Picture Library of the British Library holds over 150 million items including the King's Library, manuscripts, rare books, musical texts, maps, illustrations, drawings, paintings and photographs spanning almost 3000 years
- 30,000 items from the British Library Collection, including Online Exhibitions
Digital rights waived to approximately 30,000 objects to provide unlimited online access to works in museum's collection in the public domain (artists dead for at least 120 years) for use by anyone, anywhere, for any purpose.
- Search principally by architect, building type, century (Prof. Jeffery Howe, Boston College)
- Art historical images of sculpture and architecture from pre-historic to post-modern (Prof. Mary Ann Sullivan, Bluffton University).
- High resolution images from books, theater memorabilia, manuscripts, and art to re-use for any purpose provided credit is given to the Folger Shakespeare Library as the source. Direct link to database catalog
- The Frick Collection's digital image archive
- Google's collaboration with over 250 art institutions to enable the discovery and viewing of tens of thousands of artworks from more than 6,000 artists in high resolution images online
Platform through which the public can access high-resolution images of artworks housed in the initiative's partner museums.
- Architecture reference site to a thousand buildings, with 3D models, photographic images, architectural drawings, commentaries, bibliographies, timelines and web links. Search by name of building, architect or place.
- The Getty Research Institute Digital Collections
- Archived Government of Canada web page. Search the image collections of participating archives, libraries, museums and universities from across Canada.
Library of Congress's gateway to primary source materials in over 100 historical collections relating to the history and culture of the United States.
- Project of Dr. Stephen Murray, Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University and Dr. Andrew Tallon, Art, Vassar College, funded by Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. A 3-D database of images, texts, charts and historical maps, to explore Gothic architecture and the formation of France in the 12th and 13th centuries.
- Artefacts online held by the McCord Museum in Montreal and by the partner museums, including 450,000 images online from the McCord's Notman Photographic Archives.
- Over 400,000 high-resolution digital images of public domain works in the Museum’s collection may be downloaded for non-commercial use.
- Search the entire National Gallery of Art collection by artist's last name, key words in the title, key words in object information, credit line, provenance name, accession number, exhibition history, and/or catalogue raisonné.
- 1,146,388 objects and 416,583 images from the V&A's collections
- Virtual exhibits, teaching resources, and innovative projects from Canadian museum collections, with images containing detailed information on the contributing museum and copyright information.
- More than 300,000 images in cartography, fine arts, architecture and photography from over fifty renowned collections
- High-resolution archival images from the collection of the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland, along with detailed catalog descriptions
- Digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years 1100 and 1850