Main Menu bar
To begin working, you must either OPEN a new file, or EDIT an existing file.
Use the File menu to save the readings in various formats.
Use the Scan menu to select the scanner to use.
Use the Tools menu to adjust various options for Kurzweil.
Access frequently used functions including the reading controls.
Adjust the reading tools (from left to right): voice options, reading highlight options, reading unit, number of words per minute, zoom level and page number.
To set reading preferences:
1. On the Reading toolbar, select the reading voice (position A)
VW Paul or VW Kate is recommended
2. Select the reading mode (position B)
Continuous requires the user to use the Pause Reading button
3. Select the amount of text for Kurzweil to highlight as it reads (position C)
This determines the amount of text highlighted as the document is read
4. Select the reading speed (words per minute); controls are to the left of the box (position D)
5. To go to a specific page in the document, use the page controls; controls are to the left of the box (position E)
To read the document:
1. To begin, click inside an open document
2. Place the flashing cursor where you would like to begin reading the document
3. On the Main toolbar, click:
• to Start Reading
• to Pause Reading
• and to Re-read a previous section
• and to skip ahead to the next section
Original Source: Used with the Permission of Cambium Learning, Inc.