Shepard's Citation Service
When you "Shepardize" (note up) a U.S. case using Lexis Advance Quicklaw Plus you will find out if it parallel citations, its case history, subsequent decisions that have cited it, and the judicial treatment in those citing cases.
Westlaw provides an equivalent to shepardizing a case. Law students can use their individual Westlaw Edge Canada accounts to access this information.
- From Westlaw Edge Canada, click the "International" tab.
- Select "All WestlawNext US." The American platform will open in a separate tab.
- Search for a case by typing a keyword, case name or citation in the search box at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Keycite symbol at the top of the screen or click on "Citing References."
- You will also see related entries in the ALRs, Corpus Juris, and other sources.