Using your detailed outline of your legal analysis of the fact situation, draft the final legal memorandum.
First, Just Write It.
Then, Edit and Revise for Content, Organization, and Style
- Did you include all the information required?
- Is the information accurate?
- Is it logically organized (compare with your detailed outline of the analysis)?
- Are sentences, paragraphs, and sections logically connected?
- Is the writing clear and concise, using simple sentences?
- Check grammar, punctuation, spelling
- Check citations
- Give yourself time between revisions so you can edit with fresh eyes, always asking, 'Could I make this clearer for my reader?"
- Do not use excessive quotations; use your own words
- Show how you reached your conclusions
- Connect the sections
- Use the precise legal terminology
Congratulations, you are finished!